Monday, March 10, 2008

inward

have been feeling a bit inward lately.
the din of manila is diffficult for me.
am really wanting to limit my time there.
been feeling so sensitive and sensitive to energies lately.

this Awakening...
have been finding solace in music.
have been wearing out some songs lately.
saw the movie "Once" the other day.
good one about karmic relationships.
and the soundtrack has been playing ever since.

"falling slowly
eyes that know me
and i can't go back..."

my fingers are sore, as i've been playing guitar lately.

"you have sufferred enough
and warred with yourself.
it's time that you won..."

was in manila on friday.
met with Aisa, and received the level I reiki attunements.
unable to really write about it right now.
still integrating kasi
afterwards, i slept at the ginhawa house.
spent time with my friend Leah saturday morning.

saturday evening back at madapdap.
organized my kitchen.
finally.
bought organic goodness a number of different places.
Pipsy and i traveled all over.
apparently, there is one place in all of manila that one can buy filo dough.
(Santi's btw, in makati)
bought some for sunday.

Simmi donated her fridge when she left to go back to canada.
having a ref has changed my life!
kinda like having Pipsy.

have been craving spanokopita.
gathered up all the ingredients, packed them with ice.
and headed to prado.

before prado, met Claude, Maryan, and Reimon at the famous Everybody's Cafe in san fernando for lunch.
i love kampampangan food.
hands down.
those three could very well be my favorite eating partners.

what didn't we eat?
sinigang.
fresh lumpia made with green papaya.
grilled tilapia with the mustard leaves and fermented rice sauce.
crickets adobo. (i know...crazy, but i loved this.)
murcon with the drippings. (naku. my fave.)
paksiw ng bangus with chicharon and claude's special toyo concoction. (a winning combo.)
stuffed frogs. (i know, again.)
crispy duck.
chicharon bulaklak.
fresh mangga.
and chocolate, ah.

what a feast.

then a quiet sunday at prado.
taught Manang and Ate Winnie how to make spanokopita and hummus.
that was fun, and we laughed and laughed.
discovered Rilke's letters to a young poet.
dear Mr. Kappus...
gorgeous.

will be traveling back and forth to manila again this week.
not really wanting to make the trips, but i understand it is my choice...

am a bit behind in my paperwork.
both for this Center and my other one.
will be a productive week, i hope.

No comments: