Tuesday, March 3, 2009

fastly

here in lost wages...
everything moves fastly.

i'm j-lagged, but not so very much.
got some homeopathic magnesite d6 from jake, my favorite anthoposophist homeopathic pharmacist, before i left.
took during the flight, and hanggang ngayon.
my mother thinks it's cocaine and is glad that i didn't get arrested for drug trafficking.
again, i think she watches too much tv.

sat next to this super choleric canadian man from manila to vancouver.
he was showing the shadow side of the choleric temperament.
apparently, i have still more work to do around this.
they keep showing up.
but not so much, meaning, it doesn't rattle me as much as it used to.
and it used to rattle me super duper much.
and it wasn't that long ago pala.
ah, growth.

my mother is so funny.
she was waiting, waiting for me to wake up this morning.
as soon as she heard me stirring, she was like, "Anak, hurry up and take a shower."
and then, in the same breath, "i know you must be jetlagged, take your time."
and then, "but, Anak, hurry up ha."
for the love of all things holy, this is so my mother.
she's gemini.
and she's a twin.
and after 34 years, i can appreciate this more and more fully.

my mother took me to eat lunch at her favorite local spot, buffet @ asia.
she is a regular there and knows all of the staff by name.
they thought i was my sister, Sammy, and were complimenting my "new" haircut.
nyek.

we were seated at a table near 3 olds.
they were jabbering on in kampampangan, and i smiled when i heard them.
instantly, i missed sta. rita.
and my friend Rowell.
i could get the gist of what they were talking about.
and, i asked my mom if she could understand them.
she shook her head "no."
i found this very interesting.

i've noticed this kind of regionalistic language barrier.
like when i am in negros or iloilo, i can understand the gist of ilonggo.
can even speak some simple phrases.
but, my tagalog friends are like, "wha?"

that's kind of a pattern for me tho.
jill (jane) of all trades, master of none.

which reminds me of a quote.
i think it was from caroline myss, said to her by her high school english teacher.
it was something like, "you must learn the rules like a master, so you can break them like an artist."

word.

in general, i don't like things moving so fastly.
but, i have to admit, this super fast internet connection is v. kewl!

No comments: