Wednesday, March 11, 2009

incense and tea

roused from sleep at 4am this morning.
no easy feat; for the last week or so, i've been waking up at 8am, 9am, noon.

i'm luxuriating in this high speed internet at my parents' house.
it's just so...
easy.

i think of the times when i connect to the internet in my place in sta. rita.
it's like rotary phone dial up modem-dot matrix printer-that game lemonade-black strap molasses in a blizzard-slow.

i just got done talking to Rowell through skype.
the moon is already full there.
kyut daw ang buwan kasi paminsan-minsan may ulap.

i gave him the keys to my place before i left.
he said he's slept there the last two nights.
he lit incense.
and drank tea.
i'm a little surprised at how incredibly comforting this is to me.

i leave for the bay area on saturday for two weeks.
my mother seemed surprised that i was going.
i was surprised that she was surprised.
translation: she will miss me. i'll miss her, too.

i've been taking my turn caring for my baby pamangkin.
i love to kiss her, even her little pusod hernia
she smells like milk.

No comments: