Wednesday, July 4, 2007

meron akong lagnat.

i have a fever. it's weird to feel chills here. i'm so tired. it's like this giant hand is holding me down to the bed.

i'm missing susan's lecture on the katipunan and the national anthem, two of my favorites from last year.

i've been reading "Centennial Crossings: Readings on Babaylan Feminism in the Philippines." So much stuff to underline. it's a struggle to get up on my elbows to do it. and my pen freakin' skips.

i think i got sick because i was supposed to read this book before our pilgrimage to mt. banahaw this weekend. and i prolly would not have done it if it weren't for this fever.

i'm about halfway done. once again, i'm finding my spiritual journey paralleling what i happen to pick up to read. it's been like this for the last 3 years or so.

more or less in order:

pedagogy of the oppressed
the answer to how is yes
when things fall apart
race matters
coming full circle
being black
this bridge called my back
shaping globalization
eat, pray, love.
the spiral staircase
a book of her own

my psoas muscles are super sore. i'm so proud of myself for knowing how to spell that word. it's right up there with
lemniscates.

i'm so tired.
rest.
rest, now.
the answers are coming.

2 comments:

Kathang Pinay2 said...

Karen - hope you feel better...as am waiting for your ms (hehe!). is your blog still a secret or can i link you to my blog? have you noticed my latest entries? thinking of you.

Leny

/|\ Muki said...

i love you Leny...
please, link me to your blog.
another way that we are connected!
time to come out, as they say.