Wednesday, June 3, 2009

two years

i’ve been enjoying some mighty fine bed weather.
may bagyo sa Zambales. kaya umuulan dito sa sta. rita buong araw.

i’ve seen Rowell twice since i came home from baguio.
the night i came home, he met me at the intersection to help me carry all my stuff.
then last night he came over and promptly fell asleep on my bed while i played guitar and sang.

today, i was on facebook way too much, watched some movies, and finished “Pareng Barack” by Benjamin Pimental.

i also spent some hours reading all the entries from this blog since it’s inception in june, two years ago.
how far i’ve come.

two years of my life has been spent here in the Philippines.
hard to believe.
i’ve learned so much.
and i’m readying myself for my return to the States.
soon.

i look around my apartment.
i see a lot of books.
and lots of trinkets and art.
i can name where and when i got each piece.
i flash forward in my mind already mentally packing boxes to be shipped ahead of me.

what a strange thing that i’ve done.
it is perhaps the best gift i could ever have given myself.
there is writing that is percolating in my head.
pieces that are waiting to be born.
i flash forward to the babaylan conference in april 2010.
will be here soon.

last night, Rowell asked me again, when i was leaving.
September.

you won’t be here for my birthday.
no, friend, i won’t.

then we both just looked at each other.
then he turned over and dozed off.
i continued playing my guitar and singing.

still many things to do before i return to the States.
acupuncture apprenticeship with Benjie in Davao.
visit Betsy in Makilala.
visit Nonet in Aklan.
maybe Bunso in Boracay.
Pi and Lisette in Kalipay.
Drs. Turalba in Los Banos.
GCI in Zarraga.
Banaue and Sagada.

back and forthing.
back.
forth.
Home.

2 comments:

Kathang Pinay2 said...

Benjie is no longer in Davao, muki. he has moved to Canada...

/|\ Muki said...

talaga? wow, thanks for letting me know. sana may roaming siya. i'll try to text him and say hi. canada..